Superb opportunities for an ambitious, enthusiastic individual who wants a defined career path in accountancy, to join a successful and forward-thinking professional services business in North Wales.
Who will I be working with?
Salisbury & Company provides a chartered accountancy and business advisory service within North Wales. The services are designed to take clients through the whole business life cycle from start-up, fundraising and grants, bookkeeping, payroll, VAT and tax advice through to major business transactions and everything in between.
Salisburys is looking to expand the current team consisting of 30 professionals spread across 3 offices.
As an Senior Accountant you will take a proactive approach to delivering an efficient service for a diverse portfolio of clients, providing outstanding levels of service. Primarily your duties will include, although not be limited to:
- Preparing statutory accounts for a range of client sizes and types
- Preparing VAT returns for clients ranging from sole traders through to medium-sized companies
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns for individuals, sole traders and partnerships
- Updating records on Xero / Sage / IRIS accountancy software and maintaining data on Excel spreadsheets
- Taking a proactive approach with contacting clients to gather outstanding information required to meet accounting deadlines
- Maintaining good working relationships both internally and externally
- Supporting colleagues with tasks as part of a flexible accounts team
Proven accountancy experience gained within a private practice
- ACA/AAT qualified, or have equivalent level of experience.
- IT literacy with good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and accountancy software packages such as Xero, Sage and IRIS
- Superb numeracy skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Proactive and professional approach to work
- Confident, enthusiastic and self-motivated
- A positive and “can do” approach to work and willingness to go the extra mile
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to meet deadlines and work autonomously
- Ability to work calm under pressure and remain professional at all times
- Accurate and timely data entry skills
- Superb communication skills both written and verbal
What will I receive in return?
You’ll be joining a reputable business with solid foundations and plans for growth where your efforts will be noticed and rewarded. Opportunities for further training and development are available and supported within this progressive firm.
Salary: VERY COMPETITIVE, dependent on current experience and qualifications
Benefits: 24 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and pension scheme. Birthday off each year and 5 days wellbeing leave
Contracted Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Hours of Work: Monday to Thursday 8.30am–5pm, Friday 8.30-pm- 2.30pm Location: We have offices in St.Asaph, Menai Bridge or Ruthin
Please apply to email@example.com with your CV and accompanying letter which outlines why you would be suitable for the role.