Salisbury & Company provides a chartered accountancy and business advisory service within North Wales. The services are designed to take clients through the whole business life cycle from start-up, fundraising and grants, bookkeeping, payroll, VAT and tax advice through to major business transactions and everything in between.
Salisbury is now looking to enhance services to our clients by recruiting an experienced Tax Specialist Consultant.
Working with the Board of Directors you will be responsible for providing personal tax advisory services to a range of clients including high-net-worth individuals and their families and business owners. Given the nature of these clients, the role will centre around building strong relationships with both clients and other Salisbury & Co team members as well as providing pragmatic, holistic advice. You will work closely with our accountancy team and with clients and be committed to providing exceptional service.
Role & Responsibilities
- identifying specific advisory issues to consider e.g. shareholder profit extraction/exit planning, shareholder and personal succession planning, individual relocation etc.
- Help team members to develop their tax knowledge and capabilities.
- Assesses and produces high-quality work in line with the Firm’s policy and processes, meeting relevant regulatory requirements.
- Reviewing tax reports prepared by junior members of the team.
- Ensuring client queries are responded to efficiently.
- Ensuring WIP analysis and billing are kept up to date.
- Ensuring files are of an appropriate standard for quality control purposes.
- Liaising with HMRC regarding various issues.
- Maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Holds relevant professional qualification (e.g. CTA) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive experience of personal and corporate tax services.
- Demonstrates broad and strong technical tax knowledge and experience.
- Able to build good relationships with members of the team.
- Excellent interpersonal and client handling skills.
- Experience of mentoring and developing people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
We welcome enquires from those seeking to work either on a consultancy or employed basis, we envisage the role being 3 days a week, however we are flexible.
You’ll be joining a reputable business with solid foundations and plans for growth where your efforts will be noticed and rewarded. Please contact email@example.com if you would like any further information or forward your CV.